CHESAPEAKE BAY OYSTERS
Oysters are what built our company and where we continue to focus most of our sourcing efforts. From our humble beginnings growing our own oysters on Virginia’s Pungoteague Creek to becoming the very best at sourcing the finest oysters in North America, War Shore is committed to finding and distributing millions of the highest-quality, freshest oysters to our customers.
War Shore Oyster
Battle Creek Oyster
War Shore’s three flagship and trademarked oyster products are the War Shore, War Shore – SC, and Battle Creek oysters. We have more recently developed the Cannon Cove and Sea Stone oysters for our customers as well.
- The War Shore Oyster is our interpretation of a 3-3.5” Eastern Oyster grown at the bottom of Occohannock Creek in Virginia and finished in a sand bottom location nearby. Reflecting the full body, smoothness, and soft texture of the C. virginica, War Shore Oysters are a savory mouthful of pleasure. The special growing and finishing conditions gives this oyster a mid-range salinity, leaving a salty-sweet (22-24 ppt) finish.
- The War Shore Oyster – SC is our interpretation of a 3-3.5” Eastern Oyster grown in the Lower Chesapeake Bay. What makes this oyster unique for the area is that it is a surface-cultured oyster, which makes for a very clean, hard shell, and abundant meat content. Reflecting the full body, smoothness, and soft texture of the C. virginica, War Shore Oysters are a savory mouthful of pleasure. The special growing conditions in the Lower Chesapeake Bay give this oyster a mid-range salinity, leaving a salty-sweet (22-24 ppt) finish.
- The Battle Creek Oyster is a 3-3.5” seaside Eastern Oyster from War Shore Oyster Company sourced from the ocean-washed waters off Chincoteague Island, Virginia. These oysters offer up the classic smooth body of the C. virginica in a well-formed cup. Only a narrow strip of land curves between the Atlantic Ocean and the cove that is home to the Battle Creek Oyster, as evidenced by its remarkably salty (28-32 ppt) and robust finish.
Cannon Cove Oyster
Sea Stone Oyster
- The Cannon Cove Oyster is our interpretation of a 3-3.5” bottom-cultured Eastern Oyster grown on the Virginia’s western shore of Chesapeake Bay. It’s also a full body, smooth, and soft textured oyster with a lower salt content of approximately 16-18 ppt. The Cannon Cove’s shell is deep-cupped with an abundant meat content.
- The Sea Stone Oyster is 2.5-3” seaside Eastern Oyster from War Shore Oyster Company sourced from the ocean-washed waters off Chincoteague Island, Virginia. Like the Battle Creek, these oysters offer up the classic smooth body of the C. virginica in a well-formed cup with a remarkably salty (28-32 ppt) and robust finish.
In addition to developing, sourcing, and distributing our own local oysters, we work with over 45 oyster growers and farmers around North America who believe in and practice sustainable aquaculture and harvest. Fresh oysters are flown or trucked into our facility every day, so that we can provide our customers the absolute freshest products available. War Shore’s purpose is to be a one-stop shop for our customers in search of a high quality, fresh, and profitable oyster program that represents a variety of oysters from around North America to include:
- Atlantic Oysters – Crassostrea Virginica
- Pacific Oysters – Crassostrea Gigas
- Kumamoto Oysters – Crassostrea Sikamea
- European Flat Oysters – Ostrea Edulis
- Olympia Oysters – Ostrea Lurida /Ostrea Conchaphila
Let War Shore design an oyster portfolio for your organization and train your staff on the benefits and differences of each product, so they can provide a more unique and pleasurable experience for your patrons.