Recipe: Oyster Harvest Stew
– In a large saute pan, melt the 4 tablespoons butter.
– Add the onions, celery, shallot, and garlic. Cook until tender.
– Stir in the flour, salt, and peppers. Cook for a couple more minutes.
– Whisk in the milk and oyster liquid. Add potatoes. Bring the liquid up to a low boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
– Add the oysters. Bring the liquid back up to a simmer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the oysters are opaque.
- Stir in the parsley and remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Remove from the heat. Taste before serving and salt as needed.
- 5 tablespoons butter
– Half of a large sweet onion, chopped
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 1 pound new potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 shallot, finely chopped
– 4 cloves minced garlic
– 2 tablespoons flour
– Salt to taste
– 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 2 cups milk
– 12 freshly shucked oysters (reserve liquid)
– 1/4 chopped fresh parsley